Friday, June 4, 2010

The last few months...

Matt's Graduation

PS - He usually ties his tie like a normal person - this was just a special occasion. :)

Matt graduated from high school in May. Congrats Matt! Matt, you really have a way of making me feel old! I didn't know I was old enough to have my little brother graduate. (I also remember when I was the tallest Largent ;) )

BYU Football
Trudy, Garrett, and I had season tickets to BYU football. It was a blast. This is Garrett on the field after the awesome Utah game. We tried to upgrade out tickets for next year, but just found out today that we had no luck so we'll be sitting in the same place again for this season. Maybe next year we'll have better luck...

Las Vegas Bowl

The wind was blowing so hard they had a hard time keeping the flag from blowing away. The teams' bands and mascot had to run over to help hold on to it.

Jennie, Trudy, and I went to the Las Vegas Bowl. BYU creamed Oregon State. It was a blast. It was also FREEZING and BLOWING! This was the fifth year in a row we've been to the bowl game, and by far the coldest. The parking lot we had the privilege of parking in was not paved so the dust was blowing everywhere. We got to the game plenty early to do the pre-game festivities, but wound up sitting in the car for over half an hour because we didn't want to go outside.

President Monson
In April our family got to meet President Monson and President Uchtdorf. President Monson received an honorary degree from Weber State, and my mom was his official host for the morning of commencement. Jennie had to be there for work, and the boys and I just "walked in" hoping no one would notice. It worked!


1 comment:

  1. It's so good to hear about your goings-on! Sounds like you've been having a fun time. I really miss running in to you...maybe you should vacation out this way :)!

    Hope you keep having fun, and tell your sweet mom hi!

    ReplyDelete