Friday, June 4, 2010

Changing my job, a little.

For the past year I have been teaching second grade in Ogden. The district chose my school to start a Dual Immersion program. I am moving to first grade to teach the English portion of the program. I will share two classes with a teacher who will teach only in Spanish. She will teach math, science, and Spanish, and I will teach math vocabulary and language arts for the first half of the day, and then switch and teach the same thing to the other class. It's an awesome program! The kids will become fluent in both languages before they leave elementary school, and since they are so young they won't have an accent in either language. This year, only first grade will have Dual Immersion classes because that is when they have to start in order to get enough Spanish vocabulary to be successful in later grades.

No comments:

Post a Comment